$64 & up – Stratford-upon-Avon stay with wine, 45% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Mercure Stratford-upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel occupies one of the most attractive Tudor-era buildings in the town. An overnight stay in the birthplace of the Bard now starts from less than $33 per person, saving up to 45% on regular prices.
"This Elizabethan town house in the heart of Stratford is a vision right out of The Merry Wives of Windsor" -- Fodor's
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of wine on arrival (worth $32)
- It's $75 to stay Mondays and Thursdays, $86 Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and $108 Fridays
- Stay in a Privilege Room for an extra $27 per night
- You can book additional nights with breakfast incluedd each day
Why We Love This Hotel
- This traditional hotel sits in the historic centre of Stratford-upon-Avon, a short stroll away from Shakespeare's Birthplace
- The sights and attractions of the medieval market town, such as The Guild Chapel, the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, the Church of the Holy Trinity, and a wide variety of shops and bars are within walking distance
- There's a Marco's New York Italian Restaurant on site, while afternoon tea and cocktails are on offer in The Quil Bar & Lounge
- "Staff encountered were attentive, pleasantly dedicated and keen to ensure the stay was as comfortable as possible." -- The Daily Telegraph
With its striking Tudor-style facade, the Mercure Stratford-upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon, dating back to the early 17th century. The property has won praise from The Daily Telegraph, which highlights its "attentive, pleasantly dedicated" staff.
The hotel is just over 10 minutes' walk from the railway station and a 5-minute walk from Shakespeare’s Birthplace, the Guild Chapel, the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and the RSC Tower (the climb is worth it for the views). The River Avon is also a short stroll away. Anne Hathaway's Cottage, which was home to Shakespeare's future wife, and is a well-preserved example of 16th-century Tudor architecture and is surrounded by pretty gardens, is less than 25 minutes' walk.
Downstairs, Marco's New York Italian Restaurant (part of the Marco Pierre White empire) serves a mix of pasta, steak, ribs and handmade pizzas, and has an outdoor terrace. The Quil Bar & Lounge offers a relaxed environment for afternoon tea or a glass of drink.
The hotel has plenty of original features, including Tudor-style leaded windows, beams and antique furniture. The bedrooms are spread across four buildings -- including a separate contemporary wing -- and all have a modern finish with free Wi-Fi, tea- and coffee-making facilities and toiletries in the bathroom.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 and under.
Extra beds are not available.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per night.
Car park fee: £15 per day.
Limited space available, first come-first served basis.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 45% off
$64 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(196 Member Ratings)