Vail Cascade Resort and Spa
Why We Love It
- Family-friendly ski-in/ski-out resort, with a private chairlift and on-site rental shop and storage
- Relax with a saltwater pool, fire pits, a huge athletic club and Vail's best resort spa according to Conde Nast Traveler readers (save nearly 50% on a massage or facial with this spa deal)
- The restaurant offers a diverse range of craft beers and live music on weekends
- Mountain-style rooms are large and were renovated in 2013
"Down-to-earth yet luxurious" -- Fodor's
92% (13 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
"A wonderful choice for those who love pampering," says Frommer’s, Vail Cascade Resort & Spa is an enormous chalet-style property set beside tranquil Gore Creek, just a five-minute drive from Vail proper. (The hotel runs a free shuttle service every 15 minutes until midnight.)
The resort has a heated infinity pool surrounded by pines and an expansive spa, and it caters especially well to skiers and snowboarders. There’s a private on-site chairlift (8:30am-3:30pm, winter season only), ticket office for lift passes, equipment rental shop and beginner and intermediate slopes that run right down to the hotel. In the summer you can rent a bike and explore the trails along the creek, play golf at the Eagle Vail course (10-minute drive away) or visit the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens in Vail.
For non-skiers, there’s also a vast indoor sports center, with exercise machines, fitness classes (fees apply), a basketball court, squash court, arcade room, tennis courts, and an indoor track. Kids are well looked after here too, with childcare (extra charge applies) and a full schedule of kids activities during the winter season (for ages 5-12).
Atwater, the hotel’s main restaurant, overlooks the creek and is known for its organic, farm-fresh cuisine. It’s also big on craft brews, reputedly offering the largest range in Vail -- don’t miss the tasting flights and beer pairings. Hang out in the bar in the evenings for live entertainment (Wednesday-Saturday).
Rooms are large and were revamped in 2013 in upscale mountain-lodge style. All have mini fridges and some have balconies or gas fireplaces. Standard rooms face the courtyard; upgrade for mountain or creek views and even more space.
Guests are responsible for a $27 nightly resort fee, which covers high-speed Internet access, the shuttle service to Lionshead and Vail, ski storage, access to Aria Athletic Spa and Club, and in-room coffee and tea.
- "Vail Cascade gets better every year" -- Frommer’s
- "Down-to-earth yet luxurious is the best way to describe this family-oriented ski-in ski-out hotel. Despite its size, it manages to remain intimate" -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request: $10 per night.
Extra bed available on request and in the Preferred Rooms & Suites only: $10 per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will apply.
A resort fee of $27 + hotel tax per night applies, includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.