Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- A "jaunty, neo-Regency style pervades the hotel", located in early 18th-century, Grade-I listed Georgian townhouses on Queen Square, "one of Bath's most notable architectural set pieces" (The Daily Telegraph)
- Some of the city's top sights, such as Bath Abbey, Thermae Bath Spa and the Royal Crescent are all within a 10-minute walk away from the hotel
- The on-site brasserie, where "the service is diligent and friendly", has been created by Raymond Blanc and offers a "French menu with some international elements" (London Evening Standard)
- Guestrooms come with fine Egyptian cotton sheets on beds, fluffy bathrobes and luxury toiletries
Overlooking Queen Square in the centre of Bath, the Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery Collection is spread across a row of Georgian townhouses. The hotel's design nods to the buildings' history, with richly coloured wallpapers, a mahogany grandfather clock in reception and historic blue plaques. Original black-and-white photos and 12 hand-drawn illustrations of life in the 1800s tell the story of the buildings.
Bath's top attractions, including the Thermae Bath Spa, Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths, are less than 10 minutes' walk away, while Bath Spa station is half a mile from the hotel. Queen Square has its own enclosed garden, with an obelisk in the centre that was erected in 1738 for the Prince of Wales.
You can opt for afternoon tea in Emily's Tea Room, which features velvet Chesterfield sofas. Dine in the chic Brasserie Blanc, where the menu showcases a range of classic French dishes created by Michelin-starred chef Raymond Blanc -- breakfast is also served here. The bar offers more informal food, including sandwiches and salads made with locally sourced ingredients.
Classic Rooms come with Egyptian cotton sheets, fluffy bathrobes, luxury toiletries, Wi-Fi connection, and offer tea- and coffee-making facilities and mineral water.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(112 Member Ratings)