Old Bank Hotel
Why We Love It
- City-centre location close to Oxford's colleges & shopping streets
- Live jazz in the brasserie every Sunday evening
- All rooms come with free home-made biscuits & many have views of local landmarks
"Full of charm, charisma & history" -- Daily Mail
Map & Directions
The hotel is a 25-minute drive from the M40 and there's on-site private parking for guests.
London Heathrow Airport is an hour away by car (1.5 hours by bus), while London Luton Airport is an hour and 15 minutes by car (one hour, 40 minutes by bus). There is on-site private parking for hotel guests.
Rooms & Rates
The 5-star Old Bank on Oxford High Street is an Editor's Choice property in the 2016 Good Hotel Guide. This boutique hotel comprises three interconnecting buildings dating back to the 14th century. The interior retains many period features, and the owner has also furnished the public areas and bedrooms with his extensive modern-art collection.
The famous colleges of Merton, All Souls, University and Oriel are in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, as well as St Mary's Church, the Bodleian Library and the Radcliffe Camera. The property is less than a 10-minute walk from the city's shops, theatres, botanical garden and Christ Church Meadow -- a popular walking and picnic spot.
The Quod brasserie with its heated terrace and bar is in the former banking hall. The restaurant serves modern British dishes and there is live jazz every Sunday from 5pm-7:30pm. Bike hire is available from the property -- Oxford has a number of designated cycle routes, including along the banks of the Thames. There is on-site private parking for hotel guests.
All of the rooms have air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, water and home-made biscuits. Many also have views of Oxford’s landmarks.
- "A delightful Georgian house" -- The AA
- "A characterful Oxford hotel" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "The Old Bank is a hotel full of charm, charisma and history" -- Daily Mail
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 2.95 and GBP 8.75 for adults, GBP 2.50 and GBP 5 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 50.0 per day