The Ritz-Carlton, Boston
Why We Love It
- Has more than a mere fitness center -- guests get free access to a full-fledged Equinox Sports Club
- Boston Common is next door, and top Freedom Trail sights are within a 10- to 15-minute walk
- The staff sets this place apart, with friendliness and enviable attention to detail
- Not the cutting edge of style, but features calming neutrals and plush furnishings
“Refreshingly intimate” -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
As with most Ritz-Carlton hotels, it's the top-notch service that lifts this pricey pad above all the other pricey pads in Boston. Past guests uniformly rave over a team that greets you by name, hails a cab, pours a cup of coffee, and fluffs up a duvet for nightly turn-down.
Do not expect flashy or cutting-edge interiors. This hotel has the kind of neutral, contemporary furnishings that make you feel comfortable but aren't trying to impress you with high style. What will impress though is the health club. It's expansive and upscale, a full-fledged branch of the tony Equinox Sports Club chain, with 114,000 square feet of spa, swimming pool and class studios.
The hotel is right across the street from Boston Common and on the same block as the Chinatown stop of the T transit system. Chinatown itself is home to lots of affordable dining spots, or a 10-minute walk north to historic Beacon Hill offers swankier options.
- “One of the city's best gyms, with its own spa, salon, and pool” -- Oyster.com
- "Knowledgeable and memorable service that includes doormen who remember your name" -- Zagat
- “A sleek, contemporary spot that speaks more to rock stars than royalty” -- Fodor’s
General Hotel guests 16 and over will have access to Equinox Sports Club, directly connected to the hotel.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 30 for adults and USD 20 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD $125 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD $30 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.