Why We Love It
- Known for its rooftop lounge and infinity pool, with 360-degree city views
- It's in an artistic district, a 10-minute walk from the CN Tower, Rogers Centre and the harborfront
- The basement lounge is popular with celebrities during the Toronto International Film Festival
- Rooms are plush & modern, with floor-to-ceiling windows, sumptuous beds and heated marble flooring in the bathroom
"Cheerful staff effortlessly attend to guests" -- Conde Nast Traveler
91% (150 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
When it opened in 2010, the Thompson Toronto was the first foray out of New York for this Manhattan hotel brand. Several years on, it has more than lived up to the hype, with a rooftop lounge, spa and yoga center, a winter ice rink and plush, modern rooms. The property is in the artistic King West Village, with the CN Tower, harborfront and Rogers Centre (home of the Toronto Blue Jays) all within a 10-minute walk.
Known for its party scene, the exclusive top-floor lounge is the hotel’s main appeal -- it’s all about the “rooftop, rooftop, rooftop," says The New York Times. Only open to guests, residents and a select few, the glass-walled bar serves high-end cocktails and has 360-degree views of the city and CN Tower. When night falls smart evening wear is required, but in warmer months guests can stop by for a swim in the beautiful infinity pool during day-lit hours.
For food, there is Japanese fusion on offer at Wabora Sushi, burgers and live sports at the Thompson Diner and weekend brunch at Colette Grand. Opt for a seat on the outdoor terrace for views over the Victoria Memorial Park. Downstairs, the basement lounge is especially popular during the Toronto International Film Festival (when it attracts a throng of celebrity guests, including Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gerard Butler), and is so exclusive you’ll need to opt for bottle service to snag a seat. There’s also a private screening room and well-equipped gym.
Rooms are bright and spacious, with floor-to-ceiling windows, dark hardwood floors and statement furniture -- some also have balconies. Large bathrooms have heated marble floors and powerful rainfall showers. Upgrade to a Thompson Suite for a separate dining room, kitchenette, living room and an infinity bathtub.
- "The rooftop pool is a party spot in its own right" -- The New York Times
- "Though cheerful staff effortlessly attend to guests, the Thompson is first and foremost a nightlife playground" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "The luxe rooms are chic yet comfortable; the service attentive, but not cloying; the location a welcome launching point for seeing the groovier parts of the city, but also convenient to the theater district" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available free of charge for children up to the age of 4 on request.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Fees: Bookings are subject to a 3% city tax (Destination Marketing Program). There is an additional fee for self-parking or valet parking.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.