Casa Colonial Beach & Spa
Why We Love It
- Oceanfront boutique property is ranked the top hotel in Puerto Plata
- Designed by a renowned Caribbean architect, the interiors are stunning with a breezy but chic Caribbean style
- Enjoy the soothing sound of the tides while getting pampered at one of the outdoor spa treatment gazebos
- Luxurious rooms with private balconies and free Wi-Fi
“#1 of 45 Puerta Plata hotels” – TripAdvisor
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
If you owned your own luxury villa in the Dominican Republic, you’d want it to look like Casa Colonial Beach and Spa. From the outside, this upscale property in Puerto Plata looks a lot like the vacation home of someone whose jetsetter life affords them multiple homes around the world. The villa-style building sits oceanfront behind ornate wrought iron gates and detailed metal porticos over arched doorways.
Expect more of the same contemporary tropical atmosphere in the suites and common areas. You might choose to extend your stay after you see the four poster beds with Frette linens and soaking tubs in the bathrooms. Picture yourself starting each day with a cup of coffee on the private balcony and catching up on news with free the Wi-Fi.
Once you emerge from the cocoon of comfort, take a dip in the rooftop infinity pool with sweeping ocean views or meander the flagstone paths flanked by mangroves, ferns and other leafy greens. Drier options to chill out include a row of canopied daybeds in a shallow pool and shaded Adirondack chairs to relax and watch the ebb and flow of the tides.
Or forgo movement altogether for a few hours and indulge in a spa treatment at one of the outdoor spa gazebos. Traditional therapies incorporate local amber and royal jelly from local honeybees and the entire spa was designed using principles of feng shui.
The only thing interrupting this tranquil haven is the location. The resort is flanked by 14 busy high-rise resorts and at peak travel times the neighbors can be noisy.
- “A boutique property exuding refinement and relaxation” –Fodor’s
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 25 for adults and USD 17 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 35.00 per vehicle (one way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.