River's Edge Hotel & Spa
Why We Love It
- Picturesque riverbank setting, less than a 10-minute drive south of downtown Portland
- The spa is a real draw -- it’s a "lavish two-story affair," says Sunset magazine
- There are free bike rentals, and it’s close to the Willamette Greenway Trail and Marquam Nature Park
- The Zagat-rated farm-to-table restaurant serves American cuisine with ingredients grown on site
"Rooms are stylish" -- Sunset
100% (35 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Nestled in a surprisingly rural setting less than a 10-minute drive south of downtown Portland, River’s Edge Hotel & Spa is a modern riverside retreat. It is positioned on the fringes of the trendy South Waterfront District, a short walk from the Aerial Tram and a 30-minute walk to the Butterfly Park. Downtown is not really walkable, but the Portland Streetcar is a five-minute walk away. The hotel also offers free one-way transfers into the city center (drop-off only) via a Lincoln Navigator -- just ask at reception when you check in.
The biggest highlight is the 13,000-square-foot spa, which is open for appointments from 5:30 am-9 pm (advance reservations required). There’s also a spacious 24-hour fitness center. Borrow one of the hotel’s free bikes and explore the Willamette Greenway Trail or head for the hills in neighboring Marquam Nature Park, where there are 40 miles of jogging trails and 178 acres of parkland.
The riverfront position of the on-site restaurant, Aquariva, is “one of the most scenic dining locations in Portland,” says Fodor’s -- grab a seat on the outdoor terrace if you can.
Chic and comfortable, the rooms have large windows to make the most of the countryside or river-bend views, and many rooms have balconies. Opt for a suite for a separate sitting room, where you can curl up in front of the gas fireplace in cooler months. Pets are welcome (extra charge applies), with all rooms at the hotel being dog-friendly.
- "This tranquil boutique property is sheltered among trees along the meandering Willamette River" -- Fodor’s
- "The hotel rooms are stylish (and some have sweet river views), while the spa is a lavish two-story affair offering a wide range of treatments" -- Sunset
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request free of charge. Extra beds available (except in two double bed rooms) on request for adults: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a $50 (subject to tax) non-refundable cleaning fee per pet/ per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(35 Member Reviews)