$205 – Costa Rica: Romantic Villa w/Private Pool, 40% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
This adults-only hideaway is one of the Most Beautiful Resorts in Costa Rica "with scores of secluded luxury" (Oyster.com). We've negotiated savings of up to 40% off throughout 2019, including two meals each day.
- $205 per night ... check in daily through Dec. 19
- Stay in a Private Villa with a plunge pool, or upgrade to a larger Villa Suite for +$75 per night (reg. +$150 per night)
- Breakfast plus guest's choice of lunch or dinner daily
What You Need to Know
- 2-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to two adults sharing a room
- Adults-only resort; children under 16 not allowed
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $25 plus tax per night; the fee covers welcome drinks, Wi-Fi, snorkeling gear, boogie boards and beach kits, in-room coffee and bottled water plus evening turndown service upon request
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- A romantic adults-only spot that lands on many honeymoon wish lists
- This lush oasis sits tucked into a mountainside overlooking the Pacific
- Villas are bright, airy and open to a private patio and infinity pool
- The Nicoya Peninsula attracts surfers and celebrities -- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have a beachfront villa in nearby Santa Teresa
This mountainside retreat built into a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean is a prime choice for adults seeking an intimate romantic hideaway. You want privacy? Casa Chameleon at Mal Pais has just 10 villas and two suites on site, each one with their own personal plunge pool with color-changing lights for "a wild (but still chic) atmosphere" (Travel + Leisure).
Each one of these villas is exceptionally airy, with walls that open up to the outdoors (worry not, there is also air-conditioning). All feature four-poster king beds, hammocks, free Wi-Fi and an indoor and outdoor rain shower, along with sophisticated, contemporary furnishings. Upgrade to a Villa Suite for plenty of extra space in the separate oceanview living room. Two things these villas don't have are TVs and phones, which helps guests focus on relaxing and unplugging.
The on-site restaurant sits at the hotel's highest point (which means great views while dining) and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; guests can also take cooking lessons. The chef focuses on local seafood and produce, and the open kitchen means that dinner can also be a show. Below the restaurant, a bamboo cocktail lounge overlooks another outdoor waterfall pool open to all guests.
This part of Costa Rica is a big surfing destination, and there are a number of surfing schools close to the hotel. Casa Chameleon doesn't have direct beach access, but thanks to its location, you still get great ocean and sunset views. The town of Santa Teresa (named "the next Tulum" by The New York Times) is a short drive away; guests can also organize a variety of activities including canopy tours, horseback riding, fishing, zip-lining and snorkeling.
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Separate shower
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Minimum age required to check in: 16.
Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available. Adults Only Resort.
Adults Only Resort.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort/facility fee of $25 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
Beach kit including: soft cooler, chairs and umbrella
In Villa coffee and bedside bottled water - replenished daily
Turn down service (upon request)
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$205 / night
About the Hotel
The resort can be reached by rental car, taxi, or personal driver. Casa Chameleon can help guests arrange transportation. For rental cars, a four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended as the roads can be hard to navigate. Taxis are about $50 each way, and private shuttles are $60 each way.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(22 Member Ratings)