The Spectator Hotel
Why We Love It
- The ornate hotel is a tribute to the decadence of the 1920s, complete with a speakeasy-style bar
- Ideal location for first-time visitors in the historic district; steps from City Market, the city's best restaurants and the Charleston harbor
- Free gourmet continental breakfast, complimentary welcome cocktail, Wi-Fi, use of bicycles and personal butler service
Rooms & Rates
At the coveted junction of Charleston’s French Quarter and Market Street districts, the Spectator Hotel is ideal for trendy couples or the savvy business traveler. Since celebrating its opening in 2015, the hotel has already been applauded for its distinctive blend of vintage-glamour interiors, contemporary accommodations and traditional Southern hospitality.
The 41 sleek guest rooms and suites start at 370 square feet and are equipped with the latest gadgets, from Bluetooth connectivity and smart TVs to heated towel racks and unassuming directional reading lamps.
The Bar is the hotel's cocktail lounge serves small plates, where cleverly named beverages like the Fizz-gerald are mixed up by skilled mixologists. The Instagram-worthy setting is decorated with rich wood accents, artwork, tufted leather chairs and ceiling-high bookcases.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children welcome. Cot/crib available on request, free of charge. Extra person charge is $35/ (subject to tax) per person per night. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $30.00 (subject to tax), per day applies, includes in and out privileges, and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(19 Member Ratings)