Royal Palms Hotel
Why We Love It
- Guest rooms are set in 19th century Bermudian-style manor houses on a quiet tree-lined backstreet in Hamilton
- The on-site Ascots Restaurant is one of the best in Bermuda
- It's not on the beach, but the hotel is surrounded by tropical gardens -- pick fresh guava, bananas and oranges
- Breakfast is complimentary as is a daily wine hour
"Epitome of Bermudian design and style" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Tucked down a tree-lined backstreet in Hamilton, the Royal Palms Hotel houses guests amidst guava trees and Old World charm. The boutique property is on the outskirts of the capital city, lending serenity to stays, but is close enough for easy visits downtown. Guest rooms are in 19th century manor houses and feature modern touches like flat-screen televisions, iHome docking stations and DVD players. Most rooms have kitchenettes. This hotel prides itself on personal attention and above-and-beyond details like fresh flowers upon arrival and absolutely impeccable guest rooms.
A special bonus at the Royal Palms Hotel is the restaurant, Ascots, which is lauded as one of the best in Bermuda. It has an exceptional wine cellar and bar, and is mentioned on nearly every review of the property. Cuisine is Mediterranean, Caribbean and international. Sample dishes include chard scallops and oven-roasted Barbury duck.
The property is not on the beach, but guests can rent scooters, or hop on a bus or consult the concierge as to the best route. The property features a wraparound porch with a swing looking out over the beautifully landscaped gardens. Guests can pluck fresh fruit from the trees; think guava, bananas, avocados and oranges. A glassed-in breakfast room lets the sun in every morning, and morning breakfast is complimentary, served on Bermuda cedar tables. Enjoy a wine hour every evening in the chandeliered sitting room.
- “It's clear that owner Susan Weare put more detailed care into her property, and manages it better than just about anyone else in Bermuda. A final touch is Ascot's—one of the island's best restaurants” -- Fodor's
- "A small boutique hotel on the outskirts of Hamilton, the Royal Palms is the epitome of Bermudian design and style” -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 1pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11:30am.
Additional details: Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 1pm Check-out time is 11.30am