Why We Love It
- This intimate boutique is within walking distance of Hamilton's shops and restaurants.
- The main building is a former mansion from 1906, guestrooms here have 12-foot ceilings.
- The property's stunning gardens set a scene of natural beauty and tranquility
- Full breakfast can be brought to rooms, poolside or the terrace
"Tranquil, refined environment" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
The Rosedon Hotel is a beautiful white manor house with bright blue shutters and lush gardens. The main house dates back to 1906 and has a number of guestrooms with 12-foot ceilings. However, most rooms are in a newer building, and these have bamboo floors and private balconies. The boutique hotel isn’t on the beach, but there’s a free shuttle to the pink sand beach, so if oceanfront rooms aren’t a requirement, this is an excellent option.
The Rosedon Hotel is popular with business visitors because of its proximity to downtown, but it’s also highly rated for couples, and has a number of repeat guests. Despite the nearness to the capitol, the gardens and central-heated pool make it easy to forget the city hustle. It’s the kind of place people look forward to revisiting. The repeat appeal is partially due to the property’s tranquil beauty and hassle-free stays, but many guests rave about the service and staff. The small boutique property is proud of its long-serving, friendly staff, and visitors note that the staff attention is a driving factor in rebooking.
A stay at the Rosedon may feel more like staying in a country estate than a beach resort: the old-fashioned décor, and lack of a restaurant or spa contribute to that sense. Vacationers hoping for an amenity-laden beach paradise ought to look elsewhere, and kids may be bored. However, small touches like afternoon teas and a full breakfast served in guestrooms, a patio, or by the pool result in a classy and satisfying stay.
- "Expect a tranquil, refined environment and friendly service from longtime staff" -- Frommer's
- "A small pool, beautiful and unique rooms, and an authentic English charm give it an edge over similarly priced hotels in the area" -- Oyster.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children welcome. Extra beds and infant cribs are not available.
No pets allowed.