Dei Consoli Hotel
Why We Love It
- This budget pick is a “refined, rather elegant hotel”, according to Frommer's
- It's 10 minutes from St Peter's Basilica & the Vatican Museums
- The rooftop terrace offers year-round Vatican views
- The nearest metro station is four blocks away
"Handsomely furnished" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewA top pick for budget travellers, the family-run Hotel dei Consoli is a "refined, rather elegant hotel" ( Frommer's), set in a distinguished 19th-century building in the quiet district of Prati. It's a great spot for sightseeing, just 10 minutes on foot from St Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museums (where you'll find the Sistine Chapel).
Prati is also a good area for shopping (wine, leather work and clothing) and decently priced local restaurants -- don't miss the open-air market, Mercato Trionfale (open Tuesdays and Thursdays), for gourmet treats. The Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum and Colosseum are all within walking distance, or there's a metro stop (Ottaviano San Pietro) four blocks away.
Other than the excellent location, the hotel's main draw is its rooftop terrace. Stretching across the width of the property, it has panoramic views over rooftops to the dome of St Peter's Basilica. It is open for breakfast, evening drinks and dinner year-round (7-10am and 6-11:30pm), and is partially covered so you stay warm in the cooler weather. When it is occasionally closed for evening events, guests can order drinks at the 1st-floor bar, where there are also laptops for guests use.
Rooms are cosy and traditionally furnished with hardwood furniture, patterned carpets and quilted duvets. All have air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi. Most have showers or showers over baths. Upgrade to a Deluxe Room for a whirlpool tub.
- "All the bedrooms are handsomely furnished and decorated, but units judged deluxe are outfitted with whirlpool baths, as are the junior suites" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between EUR 8 and EUR 15 for adults, EUR 8 and EUR 15 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55 per vehicle (one way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 6 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.