The Garden City Hotel
Why We Love It
- Upscale and historic, it's across the street from the train station for easy access into Manhattan
- The hotel has hosted a wealth of famous guests, including the cast of "Sex and the City"
- Chef Michael Mandato helms the upscale on-site steakhouse
- TripAdvisor reviews routinely laud the attentive staff
"Outstanding service" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
The Garden City Hotel is a Long Island landmark. In its 140+ years, it has hosted Charles Lindbergh, the night before his legendary Transatlantic flight, the cast of "Sex and the City" and members of the Vanderbilt family, among others.
Though renovated in 2014, guest rooms strive to retain historic touches; custom millwork exists alongside modern amenities, such as Keurig coffeemakers and Luxe Dreams pillow-top mattresses. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the property, making it easy to plan business or travel excursions in the area. The Long Island Rail Road station right across the street makes exploring even easier.
The many amenities include an upscale, on-site steakhouse that's popular with locals and tourists alike, a full spa, a hair salon, a nightclub and an indoor pool.
- "Outstanding service and stylish interiors are two high points at this luxury hotel, in operation since 1874" -- Fodor's
- "Recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence" -- TripAdvisor
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.