Hotel Mocking Bird Hill
Why We Love It
- Bio-diverse gardens are known as one of the best places for bird-watching in Jamaica
- Priceless views of the Blue Mountains, Caribbean Sea and natural double harbor of Port Antonio
- Free five-minute shuttle to the nearby white sand beaches of Frenchman’s Cove
- Mille Fleurs restaurant "has become a destination unto itself," says Travel + Leisure
"More like a cozy bed-and-breakfast than a hotel" -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
With intoxicating views of the Blue Mountains and the stunning beaches of Port Antonio only a 10-minute drive away, Hotel Mocking Bird Hill is a hillside paradise in Jamaica’s lush northeasterly enclave.
The hotel feels remote and is a 20-minute taxi ride to Port Antonio town. Take advantage of the free five-minute shuttle ride to the nearby white-sand beaches of Frenchman’s Cove, relax by the small on-site low-chlorine pool, or enjoy a treatment in the Massage Gazebo.
Surrounding the resort are nearly seven acres of landscaped gardens, which are a magnet for birds, making this one of the best places in Jamaica for birdwatchers.
With just 10 rooms, the hotel prides itself on personalized service and hospitality, leaving gift baskets in every room filled with take-home treats and memories of the stay. Mosquito nets are provided and every room has an outside space with a hammock overlooking the gardens, ocean or lush hillside. Expect décor awash in whites and blues and a breezy, laid-back Caribbean style, with locally made furniture from bamboo and sustainable wood. Luxury Suites are particularly suited to families, with a separate living room area and sofa bed, and two bathrooms. Wi-Fi is complimentary.
The gourmet Mille Fleurs restaurant serves Caribbean and European fusion cuisine on its terrace overlooking the ocean, with a focus on locally sourced ingredients including the hotel’s own vegetable and herb garden. It is an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans, including a weekly Meatless Mondays menu.
- "Mocking Bird Hill Hotel is run by Shireen and Barbara with the utmost attention to detail and care for their guests and the environment. The shutters to my first floor room opened out so that it felt like I was sleeping in the trees" -- Daily Mail
- "The restaurant at Hotel Mocking Bird Hill has become a destination unto itself, thanks to chef Melvin Laidlaw, who gets most of his produce from an on-site garden" -- Travel + Leisure
- "With only 10 rooms, some overlooking the sea and all with views of lush hillsides, Mocking Bird Hill is much more like a cozy bed-and-breakfast than a hotel" -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: One child up to the age of 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's crib available on request and free of charge. Extra bed available on request: $60 per night, available in the Garden Rooms, Superior Rooms and Suite only. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: There is a three-night minimum stay required all year round, six nights between December 24 and January 4.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.