Surf And Sand Resort
Why We Love It
- The beachfront boutique property is intimate and pretty; a lot of weddings take place here
- Laguna's touristy Main Beach is a 10-minute walk away
- Private balconies look over the waves crashing below, and almost every room has an ocean view
- There is an oceanfront restaurant and two bars -- a cocktail beside the fire pit at 15FiftyFive lounge at sunset is a must
"Boutique hotel experience without all the formalities" -- Fodor's
100% (5 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
An artsy little hideaway along the coast and "the prettiest of all the SoCal beach towns" (Frommer's), Laguna Beach has plenty of places to stay. The best, though, are right on the beach, like the AAA 4-Diamond Surf and Sand Resort. It's a 10-minute walk south of the tourist throngs at Laguna's Main Beach, making it a bit more intimate, but still close to the shops and dining of downtown.
The scene on Pacific Coast Highway right outside is like a Riviera postcard, with bougainvillaea-covered cliffs tumbling down the hillside and the area's most charming bohemian cottages lining the winding road. The boutique hotel blends in with the area's elegance, but with a casual-chic beach vibe.
Nearly every room at the hotel has an ocean view, and most balconies peak right out over the waves that crash against the building during high tide. In the summer, the lack of air-conditioning in the rooms can be an issue, but the ocean breeze feels nice (though waves are a bit noisy). Many room types include a pull-out sofa bed, an ideal set-up for those traveling with children.
There's a sandy beach out front, and stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and surfing are all nearby. Every evening as the sunset casts a golden glow across the hotel's facade, the view from the outdoor bar 15FiftyFive "is just about perfect" (Fodor's).
- "On an exquisite stretch of beach with thundering waves and gorgeous rocks, this is a getaway for those who want a boutique hotel experience without all the formalities" -- Fodor's
- "It's literally right on the sand, so much so that at high tide the waves splash against the building" -- Gayot
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 150.00 per stay)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:
- Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.