Castle Halii Kai at Waikoloa
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- Villas overlook the ocean or fairway of the Waikoloa Beach golf course
- Ten-minute drive to the shops and dining at Kings' Shops and Queens' MarketPlace
- Gated and with private key-code entry, the resort has a quiet and secluded vibe
- Sandy-floored hot tub and oceanfront pool front the rocky coast with perfect sunset views
- Nearest beach for swimming and lounging is a five-minute drive away
With the crescent-shaped shoreline of Anaeho'omalu Bay in the distance, the 4-star Castle Halii Kai Waikoloa condo resort is in a prime location on the Big Island. It's a 10-minute drive to the shops and dining at the other end of the Waikaloa Resort -- but with a distinct slower pace that feels miles away from the resort life.
Enclosed in a private, gated community, two-story buildings are scattered along the oceanfront resort, full of two- and three-bedroom villas lining the rocky, jagged coast. Full kitchens are ready for cooking, and the private lanais are big enough to dine outdoors comfortably.
Palm trees and lava rocks line the lagoon-style oceanfront pool (which can be a far walk from the outlying units and is not really meant for swimming). There's a sandy-floored hot tub and oceanfront fitness cabana with prime sunset views, but the nearest beach for swimming and lounging is a five-minute drive away.
There is rarely a wait at the Ocean Club Bar and Grill since it is reserved for guests of the resort, although it closes early with last call for food at 6:15 p.m. The bar follows suit 45 minutes later. Make sure the fridge is stocked for late-night snacks, or head over to the Kings' Shops and Queens' MarketPlace, where there are plenty of options open late.