L'Auberge Del Mar - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Why We Love It
- In upscale Del Mar, the stunning AAA 4-Diamond property is a three-minute walk to the beach
- Has a hip, friendly vibe with live music in the bar, complimentary cupcakes on check-in and Pacific views
- Try the lobster Benedict for breakfast on the terrace
"Old-school SoCal relaxation" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The glamorous seaside town of Del Mar is only 21 miles north of San Diego, but it feels like a world away. The pretty AAA 4-Diamond L’Auberge Del Mar fits right in here with an upscale yet laid-back vibe. Enjoy complimentary mini cupcakes on check-in, private access to the beach and live music on the weekends.
The hotel is a mere three-minute walk from the beach, and Del Mar Village’s main boutique, restaurant and shopping area is right across the street. Take a scenic hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve, play a round on one of the numerous championship golf courses in the area or visit the famous local racetrack.
The hotel displays photos of past guests, including Hollywood royalty Esther Williams, Bing Crosby and Clark Gable, and there are stacks of seashells at every turn. The standard rooms are a little small, but all have high ceilings and a separate seating area, and most have a patio or balcony.
On site, there are two heated outdoor pools, tennis courts and a 5,000-square-foot spa, which uses organic and vegan products. Breakfast at Waterfall Terrace is a must, topped only by evening cocktails (and sunset views) at the poolside Bleu Bar. For more upscale fare, the fine-dining Kitchen 1540 offers creative menus that employ organic ingredients.
- "Lavish comforts without the snotty attitude that one might expect at luxury properties" -- U.S. News Travel
- "Fine dining has always been one of the resort's priorities, and the signature eatery Kitchen 1540 doesn't miss a beat" -- Frommer's
- "Offers an increasingly hard-to-find slice of old-school SoCal relaxation" -- Travel + Leisure
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 125.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 125.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 45 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 39.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach loungers
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.