L'Auberge del Mar Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- In upscale Del Mar, the stunning AAA 4-Diamond property is a three-minute walk to the beach
- Has a hip, friendly vibe with live music in the bar, complimentary cupcakes on check-in and Pacific views
- Try the lobster Benedict for breakfast on the terrace
"Old-school SoCal relaxation" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The glamorous seaside town of Del Mar is only 21 miles north of San Diego, but it feels like a world away. The pretty AAA 4-Diamond L’Auberge Del Mar fits right in here with an upscale yet laid-back vibe. Enjoy complimentary mini cupcakes on check-in, private access to the beach and live music on the weekends.
The hotel is a mere three-minute walk from the beach, and Del Mar Village’s main boutique, restaurant and shopping area is right across the street. Take a scenic hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve, play a round on one of the numerous championship golf courses in the area or visit the famous local racetrack.
The hotel displays photos of past guests, including Hollywood royalty Esther Williams, Bing Crosby and Clark Gable, and there are stacks of seashells at every turn. The standard rooms are a little small, but all have high ceilings and a separate seating area, and most have a patio or balcony.
On site, there are two heated outdoor pools, tennis courts and a 5,000-square-foot spa, which uses organic and vegan products. Breakfast at Waterfall Terrace is a must, topped only by evening cocktails (and sunset views) at the poolside Bleu Bar. For more upscale fare, the fine-dining Kitchen 1540 offers creative menus that employ organic ingredients.
- "Lavish comforts without the snotty attitude that one might expect at luxury properties" -- U.S. News Travel
- "Fine dining has always been one of the resort's priorities, and the signature eatery Kitchen 1540 doesn't miss a beat" -- Frommer's
- "Offers an increasingly hard-to-find slice of old-school SoCal relaxation" -- Travel + Leisure
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.