MGM Grand Detroit
Why We Love It
- All rooms at the AAA 4-Diamond hotel are spacious and posh, starting at 510 square feet
- The Vegas-style casino holds nearly 4,000 slot and video game machines
- Home to Wolfgang Puck Steak, as well as numerous other restaurants
- Guests have access to the infinity pool, fitness center and full-service spa
"A rare find in the Motor City" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
With a 100,000-square-foot casino, posh rooms and a host of on-site restaurants, MGM Grand Detroit brings a Vegas sensibility to the Motor City. The hotel's downtown location draws in business travelers and tourists seeking to explore the numerous nearby attractions.
The Vegas-style glamour comes across in the guestrooms, which start at a spacious 510 square feet and feature 42-inch digital plasma TVs. Even the upscale bathrooms feature plasma TVs built into the mirrors, as well as oversized marble showers. In-room Wi-Fi is complimentary.
One of the biggest draws is the casino, which holds nearly 4,000 slots and video game machines, 98 game tables and a non-smoking casino. Non-gamers can relax in the full-service spa, or check out the state-of-the-art fitness center and infinity pool.
Guests can choose from numerous dining options, ranging from casual to upscale. Highlights include two Wolfgang Puck restaurants -- the upscale Wolfgang Puck Steak as well as the more casual Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina. There is also an on-site sushi eatery, sports bar, diner and food court, as well as a Starbucks.
Night owls can dance until after-hours at the nightclub, or grab drinks alongside live music at the lounge.
Outside the property doors, many of Detroit's top attractions are a walk or a cab ride away. A 10-minute walk away is Masonic Temple Theatre. Comerica Park is about a four-minute drive, while Saint Andrews Hall is about a seven-minute drive.
- "The city's first luxury casino resort is all that its Sin City brethren has famously come to embody, and then some" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "Adding glamour and gaming to downtown Detroit is the MGM Grand" -- Gayot
- "With a Vegas-esque level of luxury, complete with plasma TV’s in bathroom mirrors, the MGM Grand is a rare find in the Motor City" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children welcome. Infant's cribs and extra beds are available on request. Charges may apply and will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.