Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa
Why We Love It
- Gets rave views by past guets, 99% of Travelzoo members enjoyed their experience
- AAA 4-Diamond all-suite resort just five minutes from Lake Placid
- All accommodations have full kitchens, private balconies and heated floors
- Family friendly and good value with skating, fishing, movies, bowling, nightly s’mores and more
"Mélange of kid-friendly entertainment" -- U.S. News & World Report, Travel
99% (199 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The only all-suite resort in the Adirondacks, Whiteface Lodge sits next to the 6 million-acre national park just a five-minute drive to Lake Placid and the slopes of Whiteface Mountain. It's a great option for families, with a huge ice rink on the property, bowling alley, movie theater, ice cream parlor and nightly star-gazing and s’mores around fire pits.
Condé Nast Traveler described the lodge as "a home away from home." The suites are spacious and equipped with full kitchens, private balconies and heated floors, and complimentary cookies are provided each day. Most also have cast-iron fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs. There are two- and three-bedroom suites for larger parties, and the Grand Lodge Suites sleep up to eight.
On-site activities abound, including a large fitness center, tennis courts, indoor/outdoor pool, a hot tub overlooking the mountains and a 5,000-square-foot spa. Hop on the complimentary shuttle to the to the center of Lake Placid village, where guests can engage in seasonal activities.
For dinner, Kanu showcases local produce -- try the Kilcoyne Farms beef tenderloin, the smoked mountain trout and Durham Ranch venison. There are recommended wine pairings for each dish, and the bar serves beer from the local Lake Placid Brewery. Also nearby, Lake Placid still has the ski jumps, ice rink and toboggan run built for the Winter Olympics in 1980. Numerous shops and restaurants are close by, and it is a pleasant town to explore.
- "The Whiteface Lodge made dealing with winter a pleasing prospect" – Forbes
- "This Gilded Age hideaway, surrounded by woods on the Lake Placid shore, typifies the rustic opulence of the Adirondacks' old elite" -- National Geographic
- "Great Camps experience, ideally shared with family and friends" -- Conde Nast
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children welcome. Cribs available on request (must be pre-arranged with the Concierge), free of charge for one child under age 2. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.