El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- Posh Waldorf Astoria-owned property with the most activities and amenities in the area
- Private island access for watersports, horseback riding and exploring
- Bring the family -- there's a kids club and an on-site water park exclusively for hotel guests
- The on-property restaurants are tasty and varied, but pricey
El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel packs so many activities, choices and amenities into its grounds, you’d be hard-pressed to have a chance to try them all.
The AAA 4-Diamond-rated cliffside complex has five separate lodging areas, each with their own amenities. All are done in a whitewashed airy style with modern furnishings and pops of Caribbean color. For those who want an even more upscale experience, the exclusive Las Casitas Village area has private pools, restaurants and butler service, at a hefty additional fee.
This is definitely not an intimate resort. Be prepared to wait for a tram to get you where you want to go. A catamaran ferry whisks guests a few minutes away to the resort’s private Palomino Island, where watersports, horseback riding and exploring await.
For less active pursuits, the Waldorf Astoria’s spa and salon are considered among the best on the island.
Although past guests say on Trip Advisor that the hotel restaurant options are tasty and varied, some lament the “outrageous” prices and recommend renting a car for off-site dining.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 29 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 78 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 58 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 12 years old)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.72 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 22 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 65 (subject to availability)
- In-room microwave fee: USD 15 per day
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Facilities fee: USD 19.95 per person, per day and includes use of:
- Water park
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: 18 percent of room rate
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.