Why We Love It
- AAA 4 Diamond rated hotel right in the heart of the buzzy Meatpacking District, filled with stylish eateries, of-the-moment clubs and upscale shopping
- Manhattan's only sand beach and a club-like scene at the rooftop pool
- A stay here means access to hard-to-get-into nightclub PH-D and rooftop lounge
- Marvel at the eye-popping decor including an exterior that resembles block of steel Swiss cheese and a glass bottom pool cantilevered over the lobby
- Pair your stay with 30% off dinner at top-rated Megu, located on-site.
"High-design hotel" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
The Dream Downtown is approximately 45 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport. A taxi is a flat rate of $52 plus tip and tolls. A SuperShuttle shared ride service is $20 for the first passenger plus tip.
Rooms & Rates
The AAA 4 Diamond rated Dream Downtown hotel takes its heritage seriously. Paying homage to its seafaring past, the 12-story shimmering building is chock-full of porthole-shaped windows and smaller bubble-like holes. The striking façade is hard to miss from anywhere in the vicinity; it’s like seeing a giant shiny block of Swiss cheese.
Inside the emphasis on aquatic pursuits persists. A glass-bottom pool is suspended over the entrance, giving swimmers and lobby loungers one-of-a-kind views. An outdoor sand “beach” beckons guests to catch a few rays and dream of islands less populated than Manhattan.
Rooms are on the small side, even the suites. An upgrade to a pricier room will get you a balcony thats larger than the rooms themselves. The design makes the most of the petite spaces, with illuminated orbs that dangle from the ceiling and silvery seaweed-like curtains swaying against a wall. Whites and pale grays envelope the walls and bedding, with fur-covered ottomans popping out against the muted backdrop.
Families traveling with kids should probably pass up a stay at this hotel, where young scenesters flock to the exclusive rooftop lounge, to hear DJs spin pulsating beats into the wee hours.
- "Arise in the morning in your all white and groovy room, with its massive round window (upon which a silvery curtain floats), the walls cut out like an origami project" -- Frommer's
- "The hotel recreates a "beach club" experience on its pool deck with a sandy patch and suites that lead directly on to the pool area" -- TimeOut
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 23.50 and USD 45 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75 per day
- Pet fee: USD 99 per accommodation, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 24.95 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.