Why We Love It
- Built by legendary Hollywood actress Beverly Garland in 1970 on seven acres of pastoral land
- Art Deco décor with renovated retro-chic guestrooms with private patios and balconies
- Unique Suites with bunk beds
- Complimentary transportation to Universal Studios and a nearby Metro stop
#12 of 347 Los Angeles hotels" -- TripAdvisor.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Garland is named for legendary Hollywood actress Beverly Garland, who built the hotel in 1970 with her husband on a pastoral swath of land in Northern Hollywood as a hideaway for family, friends and guests. The Art Deco hotel was passed down to their son James, who landscaped the lush seven acres and renovated the glamorous hotel with a dose of sophisticated cool.
Adobe walls, covered walkways and native foliage give the property a rustic California feel. Stylish, retro-chic guestrooms enjoy private patios or balconies and free Wi-Fi, while unique Family Suites and Kids Rooms have a separate area furnished with bunk beds. The courtyard is a peaceful area with an outdoor pool, fireplace and bar.
The hotel offers complimentary transportation to Universal Studios and a nearby Metro stop. It’s also close to other local attractions including the Universal CityWalk, CBS Studio Center and the Hollywood sign.
- “The Hollywood connection at this family-run, lodgelike hotel on seven acres starts in the lobby, where framed photos of hotel namesake actress Beverly Garland line the walls” – Fodor’s
- "[Beverly Garland's] legacy, however, isn't limited to screen time. She also built (along with her husband) the Beverly Garland, a cozy, Mission-style property that attracts a healthy mix of business travelers and vacationing families" – Gayot
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
Parking A parking fee of $22 (plus tax), per day for overnight parking applies and will be added to your bill. A parking fee of $27 (plus tax), per day for overnight valet parking will be added to your bill. This fee is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge.
Extra bed available on request and in the Premium King room only: $25 + tax per night. Extra person charge is $20 + tax per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Dogs are allowed on request (Maximum one per room, 40lbs) and will be charged a non-refundable $75 (weekly) fee.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers Valet Parking for $27.00 (subject to tax), per day or Self-Parking for $22.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.