Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica
Why We Love It
- The details of this 1939 Art Deco beauty have been well preserved (including spacious rooms), but everything feels fresh, modern and chic
- Santa Monica beach is directly across the street
- Past guests rave about the very friendly, unpretentious staff
- The rooftop bar is popular with locals and has panoramic ocean views, happy hour and DJs
"Relaxing and roomy" -- The New York Times
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set atop a bluff with stellar views of the Pacific Ocean and located in the center of Santa Monica, Hotel Shangri-La offers a luxurious home away from home. With its Art Deco design, and updated interiors, this boutique hotel offers modernly designed rooms with memories of a historic past. It's located across the street from the beach, so guests can wander over to spend the day basking in the sun or walk over to the iconic Santa Monica Pier.
Most guest rooms feature ocean views as well as luxe amenities such as Frette bathrobes, iPod docking stations, and deep-soaking tubs in marble bathrooms. Rooms are fresh with vibrant colors and modern furnishing and decor. Upgrade to a Terrace suite to enjoy a private balcony. Larger suites feature pull-out sofas and full kitchens.
Spend time in the luxurious courtyard with an elevated pool and cabanas to relax in the shade. Pamper yourself with a massage at the hotel's outdoor heated poolside spa. The hotel's restaurant, The Dining Room, features an intimate space overlooking the ocean and Palisades Park and serves up American cuisine featuring fresh seasonal produce picked straight from the Santa Monica Farmers Market. The rooftop bar, Suite 700, offers panoramic ocean views, a weekly happy hour, and DJs for a lively scene.
- "Salty air and a glamorous seaside vibe pervade the open-air corridors—a unique feature to the hotel. Upper-floor rooms facing west have stunning beach, ocean, and Malibu views" -- Fodor's
- "This Art Deco landmark is a treat for the eyes" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Concierge/valet service
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.