JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- This AAA 4-Diamond convention-oriented hotel attracts mostly business travelers but offers a slew of amenities to suit families as well
- If you can stand to leave the four gorgeous pools -- downtown Palm Springs is a 25-minute drive away
- Rooms are have a modern vibe and come with private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows and Italian marble accents
- Surrounded by waterways, the hotel operates gondola rides from the lobby to take guests to property restaurants
“You wouldn't know that you're in the middle of the desert” – U.S. News & World Report
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The term "desert oasis" is marketed so often in the Palm Springs hotel biz that the term has little meaning. One exception, however, is the AAA 4-Diamond-rated JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa.
It is surrounded by waterways where you can spot pink flamingos or jump on one of the gondola rides that depart from the hotel lobby. There are also four pools and a 38,000 square-foot spa with its own saltwater pool.
The hotel was built for conventions but with a wealth of kid-friendly activities, a huge tennis complex and two 18-hole golf courses -- it also feels like vacation.
Rooms are clean and modern and many have balconies with views of the lake or the Santa Rosa Mountains. However nothing is free here; guests are responsible for a steep resort fee, and the rest of the stay might feel like a minefield of hidden fees. Business guests billing their employers won't mind, but leisure travelers certainly will.
Downtown Palm Springs is 25-minutes away by car, and the legendary Joshua Tree National Park is a 40-minute drive away.
- “You wouldn't know that you're in the middle of the desert at this resplendent resort” – U.S. News & World Report
- Infant cots / cribs
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 19 and USD 28 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 34.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 39.90 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Nearby fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 08 July 2018 to 27 October 2018 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(37 Member Ratings)