The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Located in the heart of historic Old Town Alexandria
- One of “America’s Best Dog Friendly Hotels” -- Travel + Leisure
- Nightly kids hour fit with activities and snacks, followed by an adults-only happy hour
- Complimentary shuttle to/from Reagan National Airport
"A jewel in the Kimpton crown" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Explore the quaint cobblestone streets of historic Old Town Alexandria with a stay at the Hotel Monaco Alexandria, just steps from cool boutiques, art galleries and top restaurants. Praised as “a jewel in the Kimpton crown” (Frommer’s), this charming boutique property is chock-full of activities and amenities for the whole family, even your four-legged members.
Accommodating pets free of charge, this property certainly deserves its nod as one of “America’s Best Dog Friendly Hotels” by Travel + Leisure. Guests can take their pups to the hotel’s weekly doggie happy hour as well as request complimentary dog beds, food and water bowls, and toys for the room. Didn’t bring your dog? Request a bedside goldfish to keep you company throughout your stay.
Guest rooms are bright and comfortable with chic décor, modern furniture and perks like in-room yoga mats and spa services. Schedule an in-room facial while the kids are at the hotel’s daily kids hour, fit with activities, games, juice and snacks. Adult happy hour follows the kids hour, complete with wine in the comfy lobby area.
Guests staying for the weekend should be sure to stroll one block to Market Square, home to the famed local farmers market. This historic gem has hosted artisans and farmers since the 18th century; even George Washington sent his produce from Mount Vernon to be sold here! Spend Saturday nights back at the indoor pool, where the property hosts a lively movie night for guests to enjoy while relaxing on inflatable pool loungers.
- "Charm and modernity are perfectly blended in this boutique hotel in the heart of Old Town Alexandria" -- Fodor's
- "The most dog-friendly hotel in Alexandria" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 14.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 32.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.