Market Pavilion Hotel
Why We Love It
- Ranked the number one small city hotel in the U.S. by the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine in 2015
- The rooftop pool and bar offer panoramic views of the city & harbor
- Restaurant is "outstanding," says Condé Nast Traveler, and serves steaks aged up to 50 days
"The best skyline and harbor views in town" -- Travel + Leisure
100% (5 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The charming Market Pavilion Hotel has a rooftop pool and terrace, with “the best skyline and harbor views in town” (Travel + Leisure), and is home to the award-winning steakhouse Grill 225. Charleston Harbor is only a block away and the City Market, upscale dining and King Street shops are also nearby.
With wood-paneled walls and twinkling chandeliers welcoming guests, the property is reminiscent of the 19th century but was actually built in 2003. This elegance extends to the rooms, which drip with old-world extravagances such as French-style chaises, dark mahogany furniture and oversized, marble baths. Upgrade to the fourth-floor Concierge Level to enjoy extras such as afternoon tea, and a Champagne and hors d'oeuvres reception in the formal parlor.
Described as “outstanding” by Condé Nast Traveler, Grill 225 serves steaks that have been wet aged for up to 50 days and a diverse range of seafood, including oysters, six types of lobster and escargots. It is also known for its impressively smoky Nitrotini, Charleston’s only cocktail infused with liquid nitrogen -- try the Rose Petal, with vanilla vodka, Champagne and edible petals. If you like your cocktail with a view, make sure you check out the stylish rooftop Pavilion Bar. Next to Charleston’s only rooftop cascading pool, the bar serves casual fare and a great selection of drinks overlooking the historic district and harbor.
- "The outstanding Grill 225 serves the best steak. Drinks at the Pavilion Bar afford beautiful views of the historic district and the harbor [and] hotel staff, perform flawlessly" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "Charleston's newest luxury hotel, with the best skyline and harbor views in town, plus a charming rooftop bar and pool from which to take them in" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Accommodations are unashamedly posh, unashamedly conservative" -- Frommer's
- "Ideal for anyone who prefers all things luxury" -- U.S. News & Travel Report
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.