St. James Hotel, New Orleans
Why We Love It
- Historic building with lovely outdoor courtyards
- Five-minute walk to Bourbon Street and French Market
- Free in-room continental breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Adjacent upscale steakhouse with room service available
"Slightly off the beaten path but still conveniently downtown" -- Oyster.com
Rooms & Rates
The 19th century landmark building’s storied past includes previous lives as the home of a coffee import company, a Union hospital and now a hotel. The property’s subtle parrot and palm tree-themed décor pays homage to its historic ties to the West Indies coffee trade.
The boutique hotel’s 86 rooms are large and five have private balconies. The Caribbean theme weaves throughout with nautical artwork, tropical color schemes and marble bathrooms. All accommodations are equipped with free Wi-Fi, flat screen televisions, coffee makers, fridges and microwaves.
Each morning, guests are served a complimentary, in-room breakfast. The property also has a small pool in the courtyard, a rooftop terrace and is attached to an upscale steakhouse (room service is available).
The hotel is two blocks from the French Quarter and a three-minute walk to the Canal and Magazine streetcar stop. Harrah’s Casino, the Superdome, New Orleans Arena and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center are within a 20-minute walk of the property.
- "The old sugar and coffee trading company pays homage to its Caribbean roots with subtle decorative touches" -- Frommer's
- "The location is a plus, within walking distance to the French Quarter" -- Gayot.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 3. Extra bed available on request and in the one queen or one king bed rooms only: $15 per night + tax. Extra person charge is $10 per night (for the additional adult over 2 per room) Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET