Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Why We Love It
- “Prime beachfront location on Great Bay” with an activities staff "who work hard to customize your stay” (Frommer’s)
- All meals, snacks and drinks (alcohol too) are included at the adults-only resort’s four restaurants and four bars
- Enjoy complimentary activities like snorkeling, tennis and nightly theme parties
- Comes with all-inclusive day pass to sister resort at Maho Beach, which boasts a casino, nightclub, two pools and an array of shops
"In a prime beachfront location" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
A stay at Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino is a ticket to easy street. Limitless eats and drinks, including cocktails at the swim-up pool bar, plus a fully loaded activities list are included for all guests at the property, which stretches along a “splendid curve of Great Bay sand” (Frommer’s).
Scheduled daytime activities include beach volleyball and water aerobics, and nights bring live entertainment, outdoor movies and parties. Try your luck at the casino with a complimentary $10 in slot play card, or grab a chair under a big beach umbrella and gaze at verdant mountains across the aquamarine bay. Wi-Fi and a mini-fridge stocked with soft drinks and bottled water (plus beer and spirits in the highest room categories) are also part of the package.
Guest rooms are recently updated and reflect a modern Caribbean style. On-site dining choices include the Bay View, a buffet-style venue that also offers live cooking demos; Il Pescatore, a refined indoor spot that invites guests to a la carte seafood; the casual Pizzeria Capri; and the alfresco Water’s Edge, an Italian and Mediterranean restaurant whose location lives up to its name.
Take a 10-minute walk to downtown Philipsburg -- St. Maarten’s capital – to stroll the boardwalk and Front Street, a mile-long stretch of shops, palm trees and cast-iron streetlights.
- “St. Maarten’s adults-only all-inclusive is well positioned … away from the docks that are usually crawling with cruise ships, but only a 10-minute walk from downtown Philipsburg” -- Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
Room amenities Mini-fridge
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Adults-only resort. No children allowed. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.