Why We Love It
- Luxurious, elegantly designed interiors evoke its historic surroundings
- The Peninsula Grill has a AAA 4-Diamond rating and a southern garden atmosphere
- Step out the front doors to explore Charleston City Market -- one of America's oldest and most refined
- Each room's marble bathroom comes with custom toiletries only available at the hotel
"Opulent enclave of colonial charm" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Luxurious and historic, the Planters Inn in Charleston is at once an inviting home base for exploring the iconic city and a place to unwind and relax.
Guestrooms at this hotel are appointed with bright and rich yet understated interiors that mirror the colonial surroundings. The furniture in each room is even designed to fit in with the history of the region. Guestrooms also have marble bathrooms and exclusive hotel-only bath amenities.
Start each day with complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby before stepping out into the charming city. Turndown service includes a treat from the on-site Peninsula Grill, which has a AAA 4-Diamond rating and a southern garden atmosphere. Just outside the hotel is the Charleston City Market -- one of the country's oldest -- where guests can pick up traditional handicrafts, locally grown tea and rice, and other unique gifts.
- "Part of the Relais & Châteaux group, this boutique property with well-appointed and beautifully maintained rooms is a stately sanctuary amid the bustle of Charleston's Market" -- Fodor's
- "Renovations transformed the place into a cozy but tasteful and opulent enclave of colonial charm, turning it into one of the finest small luxury hotels of the South" -- Frommer's
- "Staying at the Planters Inn is akin to an overnight with well-to-do friends in their old Charleston mansion" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: One child under age 16 stays free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child under age 2. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.