$198 & up – Lake District stay w/meals & cream tea, was $359
Escape to Inn on the Lake, a Victorian hotel on the shores of Ullswater. Stays at this AA 4-star hotel are now from $198, saving up to 44% on the usual price.
- Accommodation in a Standard Double Room or a Fell View Room (subject to availability on booking), with full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- 3-course set-menu dinner (worth $47 per person)
- A scone with jam and whipped cream (worth $6 per person)
- A pot of tea each (worth $4 per person)
- Well-behaved pets are an extra $11 per pet, per night
- Lake View rooms are an extra $44
Why We Love It
- The property is in a quiet lakeside location in Glenridding with views of Ullswater
- There's a 9-hole pitch and putt course on site and steamboat tours leave from the dock 5 minutes away
- The restaurant has 2-AA-Rosette restaurant serves modern British cuisine, with afternoon tea in the Orangery
- The traditional pub serves its own exclusive real ale
Set within 15 acres of landscaped grounds, Inn on the Lake is set right on the shores of Ullswater. Surrounded by craggy mountains in the hamlet of Glenridding, it is 20 minutes' drive from the charming market town of Penrith, while the bustle of Keswick is 30 minutes away.
Guests can try their hand at pitch & putt on the lawn, and the dock for steamboat tours of the lake is a 5-minute walk to Ullswater Steamer.
The 2-AA-Rosette Lake View Restaurant offers unbeatable views of Ullswater. Menus change seasonally and there is a wide choice of wines.
From 12-5pm, guests can take afternoon tea with homemade biscuits in the less-formal Orangery, which is stylishly furnished with deep sofas and a natural stone fireplace. In the grounds there's also a traditional Lakeland pub for relaxed dining, with real ale on tap including a house ale. The Candleroom, a glass-fronted extension with exposed oak beams and church candle lights which hang from the rafters, serves traditional Cumbrian dishes and afternoon tea.
Rooms are cosily furnished and most have a view, either straight onto Ullswater or overlooking the village and the mountains beyond. Some come with glass-edged balconies, affording excellent views over the lake.
Check out our 101 things to do in the Lake District.
- "You could spend all day pottering around the hotel and grounds, the village of Glenridding, with its coffee and gift-shops, or hopping on a lake steamer" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Infant cots / cribs
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
Pets are allowed on request: £10 per night. Dogs only.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 44% off
$198 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu until 30 Jun; +$11 1 Jul-27 Sep
Getting ThereIt's easiest to reach the hotel by car, and parking is free. The hotel is just under two hours from both Manchester Airport and Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Alternatively, the trip by train from Manchester Airport to Penrith or Windermere will take just over two hours, and it's then a 30-minute drive to the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(15 Member Ratings)