Why We Love It
- Free amenities like Wi-Fi, breakfast, nightly wine & cheese, afternoon tea, gym passes & more (a value of over $100 per night)
- Rooftop garden bar offers views of the Manhattan skyline along with cocktails and appetizers (open seasonally)
- Great location on Park Avenue South
- Featured in the first "Sex and the City" movie
"#5 of 468 New York City hotels" -- TripAdvisor
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described by Frommer's as "a real charmer with a calm, intimate feel," the elegant Hotel Giraffe offers guests a surprising array of free extras, including a daily wine and cheese reception (5-8pm), continental breakfast each morning (that you can invite a friend or family member to) and more. It is in an excellent location on Park Avenue South, a short walk from the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village and Madison Square Garden.
Extras continue in the rooms, such as loaner umbrellas, chocolates at turndown, pillow tops for the mattress on request, plus complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests also get free access to any New York Sports Club -- the nearest one is three blocks away.
The quiet rooms have high ceilings and small balconies, giving them a roomy feel. Upgrade to a suite for extra space and a separate living room with full-sized sofa bed -- they are particularly handy for families. The plush penthouse was used as Mr. Big’s apartment in the first "Sex and the City" film.
The Italian Bread & Tulips Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, serving hearty pastas, meatballs and pizza pies cooked in an authentic Italian pizza oven. The garden on the 12th floor is exclusive to guests during the day and is a pleasant spot to sit and enjoy a free coffee or breakfast. It's open all year round and can be rented for events. There is also a bar up here in warmer months (open from 5pm, Monday-Saturday), with views of the surrounding skyline.
- "Excellent soundproofing means that when you close the French windows and draw the salmon-pink drapes, it's easy to forget you're above one of New York's busiest thoroughfares" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "A real charmer with a calm, intimate feel" -- Frommer's
- "Up a notch in posh from most of the boutiques this far south, the new 12-floor Giraffe earns its stripes, or dots, with sleek, modern rooms and a sunny rooftop area for drinks or tapas" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 1pm.
Children and additional guests: Children stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). No extra bed available. Infant's cot/crib (Pack n' Play) available on request, free of charge, in all rooms.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: The rates for the Classic King Suite and Balcony King Suite are subject to a $2 occupancy tax, which will be added to the final rate on the booking page.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.