$109 – San Diego: Chic Gaslamp Hotel, 55% Off
The chic and lively Kimpton Solamar -- rated one of the Top Hotels in Southern California by the Conde Nast Reader's Choice awards this year -- is surrounded by buzzing nightlife, great restaurants and shopping. Travelzoo members can save up to 55% on regular rates.
- What's included:
- $109 per night ... most dates Nov. 18 - Jan. 27, including weekends
- Waived guest amenity fee (reg. $20 per night, which covers Wi-Fi, bike rentals and daily hosted social hour)
- 20% discount at Jsix restaurant
- Stay in a deluxe room with a king bed
- Higher room types and surrounding dates are also discounted
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are $25 more per night; children under 17 stay free when using existing bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- Valet parking only; it's $49 per night
- Pets are welcome at the hotel with no restriction on types or size
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"Stylishly urban and sophisticated" -- Frommer's
Why We Love It
- A complimentary daily social features local craft brews and wines from 5-6 p.m., and the hotel has free bikes on which to explore town
- The hotel is "overtly pet-friendly," offering designer dog beds (Conde Nast Traveler)
- Upper East Bar -- the hotel's rooftop terrace -- is a great pick for poolside lounging or enjoying cocktails with a view of the Gaslamp Quarter all day
- Over 100 restaurants and entertainment venues are located within 5 miles of the hotel
The Kimpton Solamar is located between the East Village and the Gaslamp Quarter, packed with a buzzing nightlife scene, great restaurants and the city's best shopping. Catch a Padres' game at Petco Park and stroll to the bayfront for views of Coronado Island.
Travelers will feel right at home in the comfy yet chic rooms with calm lighting, Italian Frette linens, yoga mats and in-room spa services. Bonus perks include complimentary bike rentals and an evening social hour with craft beers and wines from 5-6 p.m. daily.
Of all the amenities, Conde Nast Traveler touts the friendly staff as this hotel's best attribute with their "ultra-laid-back yet efficient attitude which permeates the best of sun-splashed San Diego."
Jsix, the on-site Californian restaurant, is highly acclaimed by locals and visitors alike and is regularly included in Zagat lists, such as San Diego's Best for Farm-to-Table.
- "Funky and fun" -- Gayot
- "Hip style that needn’t break the bank" -- Lonely Planet
- "Guest rooms reflect this urban escape's mixture of luxury and fun" -- Fodor's
- "A chic, urban feel, minutes from San Diego's burgeoning Gaslamp Quarter" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available on request and in king bed rooms only: $25 (subject to tax) per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra person charge is $25 (subject to tax), per person, per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra bed available on request and in king bed rooms only: $25 (subject to tax) per night.
Pets are allowed on request: free of charge. Pets are welcome at the hotel with no restriction on types or size
Pets are welcome at the hotel with no restriction on types or size
A resort/facility fee of $20 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
**Please note this fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal**
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers Valet Parking for $49.00 (subject to tax), per day, with in and out privileges. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$109 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates Nov. 18 - Jan. 27
Getting ThereThis hotel is 15 minutes from the airport. Cab fare will cost approximately $25 one way.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(87 Member Ratings)