Kimpton Solamar Hotel
Why We Love It
- This chic Gaslamp Quarter hotel was awarded a spot in Fodor's 100 World's Best Hotels in 2014
- Caters to younger clientele with Vegas-style parties on the rooftop pool deck
- A complimentary daily social features local craft brews and wines from 5-6 p.m. and the hotel has free bikes to explore town
- Rooms here aren't as plush as most in the Kimpton chain, but very comfortable with a pillow menu, fluffy robes and reasonably-priced mini-bar items
"Stylishly urban and sophisticated" -- Frommer's
80% (25 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
The Hotel Solamar is placed in the midst of the Gaslamp Quarter, packed with a buzzing nightlife scene, great restaurants and the city's best shopping. Catch a Padres' game at Petco Park and stroll to the bayfront for views of Coronado Island.
On weekends the hotel caters to an under 30's clientele with Vegas-style parties on the rooftop pool deck. Expect to hear noise when this crowd returns at 2 a.m. from a night out on the town.
Midweek business travelers will feel right at home in the comfortable sea-themed rooms with calm lighting, Italian Frette linens, a pillow menu, yoga kits and in-room spa services.
Bonus perks include complimentary bike rentals and a evening social hour with craft beers and wines from 5-6 p.m. daily. Kimpton Karma Rewards members receive free Wi-Fi at the hotel (it's free to sign up).
Of all the amenities, Conde Nast Traveler touts the friendly staff as this hotel's best attribute with their "ultra-laid-back yet efficient attitude which permeates the best of sun-splashed San Diego."
- "Stylishly urban and sophisticated" -- Frommer's
- "Funky and fun" -- Gayot
- "Hip style that needn’t break the bank" -- Lonely Planet
- "Guest rooms reflect this urban escape's mixture of luxury and fun" -- Fodor's
- "A chic, urban feel, minutes from San Diego's burgeoning Gaslamp Quarter" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Destination fee: USD 16.90 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.