Art Deco Imperial Hotel
Why We Love It
- An architectural gem, decorated with Art Nouveau mosaics
- Walking distance of the Old Town & Charles Bridge
- The restaurant was once frequented by Franz Kafka
- "One of the most elegant hotels in Prague", says Fodor's
"The perfect bolt-hole" -- The Daily Telegraph
Rooms & Rates
Built at the turn of the century, the Art Deco Imperial Hotel is an architectural gem in Prague's city centre, a 10-minute walk from the Powder Tower and 20 minutes from Charles Bridge. The extraordinary entrance hall is renowned for its colourful tiled walls and late Art Nouveau mosaic ceiling, and it's "seriously good value for the level of comfort, character and location" ( The Daily Telegraph).
The Café Imperial -- once frequented by Franz Kafka -- specialises in modern Czech cuisine prepared under the command of celebrity Chef Zdenek Phlreich, and dishes include braised lamb shank and the café's signature Imperial Cake. There's also a cosy lobby bar for evening drinks.
At the end of a busy day sightseeing, guests can unwind in the small wellness centre, surrounded by stylish Roman-style mosaics and 19th-century tiles. Here you'll find a sauna, steam room and a 24-hour fitness room. Massages are also available (charges apply).
The bedrooms retain the air of exclusivity, with high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling curtains and polished wood headboards. DVD players are available on request, and Wi-Fi is free throughout (pricier rooms have high-speed access). Bathrooms have heated floors and either walk-in showers or deep bathtubs. The top-floor Imperial Suite is also furnished with a Nespresso machine and a private Jacuzzi.
- "This intriguing hotel is very close to everything you want to see in Prague" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "One of the most elegant hotels in Prague" -- Fodor's
- "Seriously good value" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CZK 380 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CZK 900 per vehicle (one-way)
- Valet parking fee: CZK 750 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CZK 750 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CZK 1750 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: CZK 21.00 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.