$199 – NYC: Weekends at Upscale Sofitel Hotel, 50% Off
For the first time on Travelzoo, save up to 50% on stays over the holidays and into next year at the 4.5-star Sofitel New York, featuring free drinks, a waived residents fee and a prime location near Bryant Park, Fifth Avenue and Times Square.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Superior Queen, January-February
- $199 per night ... Thursday-Sunday
- $229 per night ... Monday-Wednesday
- Bonus: Holiday travel in December is also on sale
- Most dates March-April also discounted
- Two drink vouchers at Gaby bar ($30 value, once per stay)
- Chocolate Ganache from Sugar and Plum ($15 value, once per stay)
- Waived daily residents fee (reg. $17) which covers high-speed Wi-Fi, coffee and tea from 6-10 a.m. and local and domestic long-distance calls
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$50 per guest, per night; children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable; refundable rates are +$15 per night
- Valet parking is $60-$70 per night (no in/out privileges)
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Travelzoo members also save over 35% on bottomless weekend brunch or dinner and drinks at the hotel restaurant, Gaby.
Why We Love It
- An elegant choice when going to the theater -- while Times Square is only two blocks away, the immediate area is quieter
- In-house French restaurant, Gaby, is recommended by Condé Nast Traveler, an accolade that can lead to tasty yet pricey meals
- Some suites have terraces facing the Empire State Building
- French flair means fresh flowers and a more traditional look, though beds are notoriously plush and cushy
Set just a half block from Fifth Avenue in an ideal location for sightseeing, the Sofitel New York "brings a Gallic flair to Midtown West" (Fodor's). The 30-story hotel is just a five-minute walk from the upscale boutiques of Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center. Times Square and the Theater District are only three blocks away. It is also extremely well placed for subway travel, with some 16 lines within walking distance.
All bedrooms at the AAA 4-Diamond property are roomy and feature the Sofitel’s trademark feather SoBed and large windows that make the most of the views (some even overlook the Chrysler Building). In every room, guests can enjoy a flat-screen TV, Bose music system, wireless internet access and a spacious marble bathroom with Lanvin bath products, If you can afford it, opt for a suite with a terrace facing the Empire State Building.
The on-site French brasserie, Gaby, is recommended by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and is popular with pre- and post-theater diners, as is the sleek bar that serves up classic and creative cocktails. While there’s no spa, there is a well-stocked gym, open 24 hours a day.
- "There are many fine hotels on 44th Street between Fifth and Sixth avenues, but the best, in my estimation, is the soaring Sofitel" -- Frommer's
- "Some suites have terraces with views of the Empire State Building that are worth the splurge" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 1.
Extra bed available on request: $50 (subject to tax) per night, and in Luxury King rooms only. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for guests age 13 and over is $50 USD (subject to tax) per person, per night. Charges will be added to the total price at check-out.
Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 1.
Pets are allowed on request. A $300 USD (subject to tax) damage hold will be authorized on the credit card presented upon check-in. Rooms will be inspected and the hold will be refunded provided no damage is found.
A resort/facility fee of $15 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes:
Note: The Resort fee is waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal- Non-Refundable" or "Travelzoo Deal- Refundable" rate.
The resort fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers Valet Parking for $60 USD (subject to tax) per day for standard-size vehicles and $70 USD (subject to tax) per day for oversize vehicles. In and out privileges are not included. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change at the discretion of the property.
$199 / night
When You Can Go
Options through April
Getting ThereJFK Airport is 30-40 minutes from the hotel by taxi (depending on the traffic), and the fare is approximately $50, not including tip or toll. Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street-Bryant Park subway stations are both two blocks away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.