Swissotel - Chicago
Why We Love It
- Spacious, contemporary rooms feel like condos
- AAA 4 Diamond hotel with fantastic views of the lake and the city skyline
- Two restaurants on-site include the Palm Steakhouse, a favorite with locals
- Overlooking the intersection of Lake Michigan and the Chicago River, just a 10-minute walk from Michigan Avenue
"Jaw-dropping views" -- Time Out
98% (97 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
The Swissotel Chicago is approximately one hour from Chicago O’Hare International Airport. A taxi is approximately $45 plus tip.
Rooms & Rates
Merging European hospitality with downtown élan, the Swissotel Chicago occupies an enviable site at the intersection of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. This prime position means that every room in the triangular reflective tower has lake and/or river views as well as a broad panorama of the city.
The glass exterior has modern insides to match. The contemporary lobby has chandeliers of cascading glass bubbles and the graphic patterns on the carpeting resemble jellyfish. Light-colored walls are smooth and unadorned. Guest rooms are similarly chic in shades of cream and tan with framed black-and-white urban scenes on the walls. Practicality over plushness attracts business guests, and high prices for parking and Wi-Fi seem to put off leisure guests.
The hotel is a 10-minute walk to the upscale shopping along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, a five-minute walk to the lakefront and a five-minute drive to Navy Pier shopping and entertainment complex.
- "Jaw-dropping views of Lake Michigan” – Time Out
- "Comfortable, contemporary rooms feel like condos” – Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 29 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 30 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 36 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 70 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.