Fairmont Chateau Laurier
Why We Love It
- Iconic and historic hotel next to Parliament Hill and protected as a national historic site
- Past guests span politicians, celebrities and humanitarians from the last century
- Take a dip in the art deco pool or hit up the robust fitness center
- Great location with memorials, museums and famous institutions within walking distance
"Landmark in its own right" -- Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
The Fairmont Chateau Laurier has maintained an impressive presence next to Parliament Hill since its opening in 1912. Since then, the hotel has housed numerous esteemed guests from Nelson Mandela to the Dalai Lama, and has been designated a national historic site since 1980.
Join history at this iconic Ottawa hotel, which has grown and been updated over the years. Today's guestrooms feature tastefully understated furnishings, comfortable beds, and Le Labo bath amenities. Unwind between meetings or sightseeing in the health club, which has an art deco pool area and fitness center. Massage therapy and other personal wellness services are available for a fee.
The hotel keeps company with iconic institutions and memorials just steps from its front doors. A short walk brings guests to the U.S. Embassy, the National War Memorial, the National Gallery of Canada and the Rideau Canal.
- "If you're looking for luxury, tradition, and attentive service, this is the place to stay -- royalty and celebrities have always been attracted to the Château Laurier's graceful beauty" -- Frommer's
- "The city's best-known hotel is a landmark in its own right. You won't want for creature comforts and the location is unbeatable" -- Lonely Planet
- "With its turrets and limestone facade, the iconic Fairmont Château Laurier cuts a positively regal figure in Ottawa" -- Jetsetter
- Infant cots / cribs
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 10am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: CAD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 43 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 25 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.