Why We Love It
- Consistently rated one of the best in Canada by Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler
- Its fine-dining restaurant is the best in town, and there are live jazz three nights a week
- Family-owned hotel that's part of the upscale Relais & Chateaux chain
- Dates back to the 18th century but with contemporary updates inside
"This hotel is a knockout" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
"This hotel is a knockout," raves Frommer's about the Auberge Saint-Antoine, a Relais & Chateaux property in Quebec City. This family-owned hotel has been applauded as one of the top hotels in Canada by both Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler for more than five years in a row.
The setting in the UNESCO-recognized district of the city is excellent, right next to the Museum of Civilization, overlooking the Saint Lawrence River. The Place Royale, the boutiques in the Quartier Petit Champlain (the oldest shopping area in North America) and the funicular railway, which runs between Upper and Lower Town, are also nearby.
The hotel dates back to the 18th century but is contemporary inside, with unpretentious, personable staff. The fine-dining restaurant Panache is located in a former maritime warehouse, with exposed beams and wooden floors that echo the rustic charm of the menu. Enjoy seasonal dishes like duck with cabbage and blueberries, or veal with mustard and carrots. Post dinner, be sure to catch the live jazz at the Café-Bar (Thursday-Saturday, 8-11 p.m.), just off the lobby. There's also the 24-hour LeGYM, where you'll find a number of machines and a cute Finnish sauna. There's also a private screening room with movies to borrow.
Standard rooms are cozy, with colorful prints and lots of soft furnishings. Upper categories are all furnished with a sofa and ottoman. Views from many aren't astonishing (the most basic face the internal courtyard overlooking city buildings), but the best have terraces and views of the Saint Lawrence River.
- "A stay here is sure to be memorable" -- Frommer's
- "The rustic-chic restaurant, Panache, in a barnlike room with hand-hewn beams, stands out for its simple Québécois interpretations of seasonal foods" -- Travel + Leisure
- "The rooms and historical suites are stacked with antique furniture and personality" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to and including age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Child's cot/crib available free of charge for children under 2 (on request). Extra bed available (on request): free of charge for children up to and including age 12 in the Luxe King rooms. A $30 charge is assessed for each extra child 13 and over (up to 2 children) sharing a room with two adults. Charges will be added to your bill directly at hotel on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged an extra $35 per day on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(69 Member Ratings)