InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Why We Love It
- Originally built in 1924, the hotel underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2013
- Prime location one block from Sixth Street and four blocks from the Capitol
- Dine downstairs at the Roaring Fork or outdoors at Stephen F.'s Bar & Terrace
- Comprehensive fitness facility with indoor lap pool and Jacuzzi
"The location still can’t be beat" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The InterContinental Stephen F. Austin's historic charm attracts travelers looking for luxe accommodations amid the bustling, downtown scene. This historic 1924 property recently underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation, while preserving the marble floors and grand staircase that make the lobby a true show-stopper.
The hotel's interior features dark woods, over-sized furniture and Southwestern flair that pays homage to its Texas roots. Stephen F.'s Bar & Terrace boasts the only outdoor terrace on Congress Avenue with stunning views of the Capitol and downtown cityscape. Through the main lobby, Zagat-praised Roaring Fork offers wood-fired American fare and daily happy hours.
Centrally located in downtown Austin, a five-minute walk will take you to Town Lake, the Capitol building or the Second Street shopping district. Just a block away, the live music and boisterous nightlife of Sixth Street await. During the day, stop by the concierge desk to arrange a golf or tennis outing at one of Austin's premiere facilities.
- "The location still can’t be beat" -- Fodor's
- "This property lures business and leisure travelers with beautiful rooms and a Downtown location in the heart of Austin" -- Zagat
- "Hosts Austin's most popular terrace bar that overlooks Congress Avenue" -- USA Today
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cribs and extra beds are available on request. Charges may apply.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.