InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Why We Love It
- Originally built in 1924, the hotel underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2013
- Prime location one block from Sixth Street and four blocks from the Capitol
- Dine downstairs at the Roaring Fork or outdoors at Stephen F.'s Bar & Terrace
- Comprehensive fitness facility with indoor lap pool and Jacuzzi
"The location still can’t be beat" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The InterContinental Stephen F. Austin's historic charm attracts travelers looking for luxe accommodations amid the bustling, downtown scene. This historic 1924 property recently underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation, while preserving the marble floors and grand staircase that make the lobby a true show-stopper.
The hotel's interior features dark woods, over-sized furniture and Southwestern flair that pays homage to its Texas roots. Stephen F.'s Bar & Terrace boasts the only outdoor terrace on Congress Avenue with stunning views of the Capitol and downtown cityscape. Through the main lobby, Zagat-praised Roaring Fork offers wood-fired American fare and daily happy hours.
Centrally located in downtown Austin, a five-minute walk will take you to Town Lake, the Capitol building or the Second Street shopping district. Just a block away, the live music and boisterous nightlife of Sixth Street await. During the day, stop by the concierge desk to arrange a golf or tennis outing at one of Austin's premiere facilities.
- "The location still can’t be beat" -- Fodor's
- "This property lures business and leisure travelers with beautiful rooms and a Downtown location in the heart of Austin" -- Zagat
- "Hosts Austin's most popular terrace bar that overlooks Congress Avenue" -- USA Today
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 80.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.