Oxygen Jungle Villas
Why We Love It
- 12 glass-walled villas set high on a jungled mountainside
- You’ll spot monkeys, toucans & parakeets from your balcony
- Stunning views of Cano Island & the Osa Peninsula from the infinity pool
- The location is remote and tranquil but set at the end of some rough terrain (you'll need a 4X4 to get to the property)
"A private mountaintop jungle preserve" -- Conde Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Escape to the remote Oxygen Jungle Villas, a relaxed couples-only hideaway on Costa Rica’s western coast with a back-to-nature ethos and a high-end finish. From the outside it looks like a luxurious Balinese-style retreat, but with only monkeys, toucans and parakeets for neighbors, it’s also a prime spot to experience local wildlife. The resort is set at the end of some rough terrain (you’ll need a 4x4 to get to the hotel) near the small village of Uvita.
With only 12 spacious villas speckled through the rainforest, the resort feels very private. Villas are all enveloped with sleek glass walls. Inside are king-size four-poster beds, walk-in rainfall showers and chic white sofas on the wraparound porches. There are no telephones or TVs, although free Wi-Fi is available in some rooms.
At the center of the resort lies the teak-roofed clubhouse, where you’ll find the bar and restaurant serving a light organic menu. Best of all is the infinity pool offering glittering ocean views, stretching as far as Cano Island, Whale's Tail and the Osa Peninsula. Condé Nast Traveler describes swimming in it as "an act of meditation." There’s also a small spa for facials, scrubs and massages.
There's not much in the immediate vicinity, but that's absolutely the point. For daytime excursions, don’t miss the Parque Nacional Marino Ballena (a short drive south down the coast) -- the beaches are wonderfully wild and secluded. The hotel can arrange tours, including snorkeling, horseback riding and a rainforest zip-line tour at the Hacienda Baru wildlife refuge.
- "The final part of your journey to Oxygen Jungle Villas -- on two miles of bone-jarring gravel marked '4x4 only' -- resembles a rite of passage, but initiation brings profound rewards: 12 teak-and-glass villas overlooking the Pacific from a private mountaintop jungle preserve" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "There’s something disconcerting about staying in such futuristic digs in the middle of the jungle, but you’ll adjust quickly" -- Travel + Leisure
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Children and additional guests: This is an adult-only hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.