Why We Love It
- Member favorite: 100% of Travelzoo members loved their experience and would return
- This 19th-century English-style estate has hosted historical figures such as Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Most rooms include wood-burning fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and sweeping meadow views
- Complimentary daily breakfast, fresh-baked cookies, snacks, handmade chocolates, and cognac and cordials
- Less than a two-hour drive from Boston and three hours from New York City; Ski Butternut, Norman Rockwell Museum and Lee Premium Outlets are within 15 minutes
100% (66 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
Set on a tree-lined 32-acre estate in the Berkshire Mountains, Devonfield Inn is a 200-year-old English-style home, seamlessly blending historic charm with modern amenities. Graceful birch trees and rolling hills surround a vibrant garden and the inn's crackling fire pit, creating an ideal setting for romantic getaways or respite from the city bustle.
TripAdvisor reviewers have raved over the spacious accommodations, each uniquely furnished with luxurious bedding, stunning antiques and authentic decor. Many guest rooms include wood-burning fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and sweeping meadow views.
The fireside (seasonal) candlelit breakfast buffet service has been applauded, in addition to the complimentary fresh-baked cookies, snacks and beverages available in the guest pantry. In the evening, cognac and cordials are offered in the living room.
Less than a five-minute drive away, downtown historic Lee boasts antique shops, great local restaurants and the Prime Outlets -- home of 60 upscale and designer outlet stores. The cultural offerings of neighboring towns Lenox and Stockbridge are a short drive away, including the Norman Rockwell Museum and Shakespeare & Company.
- "Patrons feel like houseguests in this graciously comfortable Gilded Age estate" -- Yankee Magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Golf course (on-site)
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children 12 and older are welcome; inquire directly with hotel about possible exceptions. Extra bed available on request for children over 12 years and adults: $25 per person per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (two pet friendly rooms on 1st floor) and will be charged a $25 pet fee on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Pool closed from Sept. 15 - May 15.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.