Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Why We Love It
- Reasonable prices and spacious suites make this a good bet for families
- The beach is directly across the street and guests can use the poolside cabanas for free
- Full or partial ocean views from every room
- The hotel is a 10-minute drive to the boutiques, art galleries and restaurants along Las Olas Boulevard
"A fabulous choice" -- Fodor's
93% (43 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach is a hip hotel, with chic rooms, reasonable prices and an excellent location.
The 4-star property is right across the street from the beach, one block north from the area's bars, and a 10-minute drive to the boutiques, art galleries and restaurants along Las Olas Boulevard. The city's Sun Trolley passes by and is a good option for getting downtown -- day passes cost $2 per person.
Typical of many hotels in the area, the exterior looks like it's from the 1970s. Inside, however, the décor is fresh-faced and stylish. All rooms have a simple white color scheme with partial or full ocean views. Suites are larger and come with a separate living area with a pull-out couch, making them ideal for families.
According to Fodor’s the hotel is a “fabulous choice,” with all of the amenities you’d need at a trendy hotel. These include an outdoor pool lined with cabanas -- which unlike most hotel pools in the area, can be used for free -- a poolside bar, a spa suite offering reasonably priced massages and BISTRO restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- "If it weren’t for the rates, you could mistake this hotel for a pricier single-letter chain ... But we love how the 240-room [hotel] does affordable without nickel-and-diming guests" -- Travel + Leisure
- "This eco-friendly, ultra-modern hotel receives high praise from travelers for its dining options, convenient locale, and gorgeous ocean views" – U.S. News Travel
General Please note: rollaways are not available
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Children and additional guests:
Two children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, charges may apply. Rollaways are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A Parking Fee of $30 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill directly at the hotel. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
A daily resort fee of $20 plus tax applies and is included in the total price shown on check-out. The Resort Fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(43 Member Reviews)