Plantation on Crystal River
Why We Love It
- Historic, plantation-style resort along Florida's beautiful Nature Coast
- Surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay, home to one of the largest manatee populations in North America
- The resort offers 27 holes of championship golf among its 232 acres
- Unwind at the on-site Plantation Tiki Bar or the Aveda spa
"Perfect for nature lovers" -- Fodor's
100% (12 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
- From Tampa – approximately 1.5 hours north
- From Jacksonville – approximately 2.5 hours southwest
- From Orlando – approximately 1.5 hours northwest
Rooms & Rates
Just a quick hour-and-a-half drive from Tampa, the Plantation Resort is tucked away on Florida's beautiful Crystal River. The inviting plantation-style resort is set on 232 acres and surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay, home to 50 resident manatees.
Guests can tee up at the resort's championship golf course or swim and snorkel with the manatees on tours leaving from the resort's own marina. The property serves as a great base for guests to take part in other local activities such as fishing, boating, kayaking and diving. For a more relaxed stay, guests can book a treatment at the on-site Aveda brand spa or lounge at the Plantation Tiki bar overlooking the resort's massive lagoon pool.
Smart renovations have preserved this historic property, with simple but charming rooms that can accommodate up to four guests. The resort's four restaurants offer true Southern hospitality and on-site convenience. Other area attractions include the Crystal River Archaeological State Park and the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.
Travelzoo Tip: The manatee season is from November-April.
- "The grand antebellum-like property has plenty of on-site distractions, including a superb golf course and large rooms" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Infant’s cot/crib available on request free of charge. Extra bed available on request for adults: $25 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a $25 pet cleaning fee per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(12 Member Reviews)