La Fonda on the Plaza
Why We Love It
- In the heart of Santa Fe, walking distance to Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe Plaza, St. Francis Cathedral Basilica, dining and shops
- Filled with custom New Mexican-style furnishings and artwork from local artisans including hand-painted headboards
- Santa Fe’s oldest landmark hotel, it opened in 1929 and sits at the end of the Santa Fe Trail
- The top-floor Bell Tower Bar is a great spot to take in the mountain vistas with a margarita
"An unusually high level of personal service" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Opened in 1929, La Fonda on the Plaza, a landmark property and AAA 4-Diamond hotel, is the oldest hotel in Santa Fe, and sits at the very end of the Santa Fe Trail within the center of the city. Various attractions are within walking distance such as the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe Plaza, shops and restaurants. The hotel’s lobby also has a variety of shops.
The hotel’s rich history is reflected in the décor and artwork. The lobby features hand-carved and painted beams and corbels and chandeliers made of tin, glass and copper. Hand-painted windows look out to the city, and murals depicting Native American culture hang in the lobby.
After a renovation in 2013, the guest rooms have been updated with flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. Luxuries such as pillow-top beds, Egyptian cotton sheets and plush robes are also a bonus here. Each room features original artwork and colorful hand-painted headboards and bathroom tiles, continuing the influence of local artisans throughout the hotel. Many of the rooms feature views of St. Francis Cathedral Basilica, and upgraded rooms also feature fireplaces, separate living rooms and balconies.
Amenities include a fitness center and steam rooms, an outdoor heated swimming pool (open year-round) and a hot tub. A spa features body treatments and massages with the option to have them in the privacy of your own room.
Dining options include La Plazuela at La Fonda, which serves up locally sourced New Mexican cuisine. Guests shouldn’t miss the Bell Tower Bar, which offers stunning views of the surrounding area and mountains, and is a perfect spot to watch the sun set over a glass of wine. A New Mexican buffet is served daily in La Fiesta lounge, with live music six nights a week.
- "Many describe La Fonda as charming and enchanting, marveling at the pueblo-style architecture and Native American artifacts ... Travelers also rave about the friendly and attentive staff and the mouthwatering cuisine served at La Plazuela" -- U.S. News and World Report
- Named as one of the Top Hotels in the Southwest and West by Conde Nast Traveler readers in 2017
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request and in the Deluxe room only; free of charge for children under the age of 1. Extra bed available on request and in the Deluxe rooms only; $15 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $25 per night on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.