Why We Love It
- With only 18 rooms, this lovely hotel on the Intracoastal Waterway is quiet and relaxing
- The beach is two blocks away and there's a cute courtyard pool on the premises
- The exclusive on-site restaurant is accessible to guests and select members only
- The hotel has a private water taxi stop for quick boat rides over to the chic restaurants, art galleries and boutiques along Las Olas Boulevard.
"#4 of 132 Ft. Lauderdale hotels" -- TripAdvisor.com
100% (6 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Once "one of Fort Lauderdale's best-kept secrets" according to Frommer's, The Pillars Hotel was too lovely and well positioned to stay unknown for long. This intimate boutique hotel is now regularly recommended by magazines, most recently making Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List of the World’s Best Hotels in 2013.
Set right on the Intracoastal Waterway, the atmosphere here is tranquil and relaxed. There’s a palm-tree-lined outdoor pool on site and the soft sand of Fort Lauderdale Beach is two blocks away.
Out back, the hotel has a private water taxi stop for quick boat rides over to the chic restaurants, art galleries and boutiques along Las Olas Boulevard.
With just 18 bedrooms "you'll feel as if you have the grand house all to yourself," according to Frommer's. Upon arrival, guests are greeted with a complimentary glass of wine and then shown to one of the British colonial-style rooms, where views are of the Intracoastal Waterway or the courtyard pool.
Some rooms (and bathrooms) are on the small side, but most have a private outdoor seating area and some suites have a separate living room.
Serene sunsets over the Intracoastal can be enjoyed from the hotel dock with a cocktail in hand, or guests can dine on Mediterranean cuisine at The Secret Garden, an exclusive restaurant for hotel guests and select members only. Choose between the intimate dining room or al fresco seating on the dock -- perfect for admiring the luxury yachts as they cruise by.
- "Dining dockside is wonderful, and the food is pretty terrific" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "A calm graciousness, more Southern than strictly Floridian, hangs in the air" -- Travel + Leisure
- "It took me a while to discover this hotel -- and apparently that's exactly the point"-- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: The hotel is not recommended for children, but they are allowed. Cot/crib available on request for children aged 3 and under: one time set up fee of $30. Extra bed available on request and in the Suites only: free of charge for children under 18 and $30 per night for adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.