Capella Ixtapa Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- Named one of the Best Hotels in Mexico for 2015 by U.S. News
- Every suite includes a private balcony with an infinity plunge pool and spectacular ocean views
- Personal assistant can arrange tequila tastings, private dinners or sunset cruises
- Wi-Fi is complimentary
"Impeccable taste and personalized guest experiences" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Tucked into a secluded hillside along the Pacific that resembles the “classic hill towns of the Italian Riviera” (Gayot), the Capella Ixtapa Resort & Spa -- named one of the U.S News Best Hotels in Mexico for 2015 -- is known for top-notch service and honeymoon-worthy comforts.
The setting at this AAA 4-Diamond hotel is intimate and romantic -- every suite comes with a private balcony with an infinity plunge pool that overlooks the ocean. Personal assistants are available 24 hours a day to prepare private candle-lit dinners, reserve spa appointments and arrange sunset cruises or snorkeling trips. Other treats include guacamole, chips and cold beers delivered to your doorstep every evening.
Choose between three on-site restaurants featuring traditional and modern Mexican cuisine. The fire-grilled catch of the day is the specialty at the casual Las Rocas Seafood Market, and the formal four-course dinner at A Mares is excellent according to Travel + Leisure. The Terrace Bar serves tapas and small plates, and guests can sip on a selection of 65 fine tequilas or learn to make the perfect margarita.
A maze of stone pathways and staircases winds down the steep hillside to the rocky beach below, so head to one of the hotel's two freshwater pools instead. For a sandy beach stroll, guests can borrow complimentary bikes to explore nearby Playa Linda, which is about a mile and a half away.
- "The Capella family of hotels and resorts is best known for its impeccable taste and personalized guest experiences. Capella Ixtapa transports these signature services to Mexico’s western coast, a region known for its dramatic Pacific coastline and rich artistic and musical culture" -- Travel + Leisure
- "There are a host of resorts along the Pacific Coast where you can hear waves crashing from your room. Few do it with the elegance this 59-suite Capella property exudes" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Public car park
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Check-in times are flexible.
Checkout: Checkout times are flexible.
Children and additional guests: No children under 18 are allowed to stay from Dec. 22 - Jan. 5. Children of all ages are welcomed the rest of the year. Cribs available on request for children under the age of 3 free of charge. Extra bed available on request: $75 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.