The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Why We Love It
- A top-to-toe renovated hotel on University of Minnesota’s campus
- Chic furnishings allude to old-world libraries, hunting lodges and factories
- Beacon Public House gastropub earns 4 OpenTable stars from reviewers
- Free in-room amenities like Wi-Fi and local Caribou coffee
"Industrial-schoolhouse chic" -- Fodor's
80% (10 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
On the leafy campus of University of Minnesota, The Commons Hotel, A Noble House Hotel draws inspiration from its scholarly surroundings as well as the riverfront’s industrial past. The red brick building underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation in 2012 that installed vintage, upscale touches like weathered leather Chesterfield sofas, reclaimed wood floor and wall boards and a collection of antique globes.
Rooms take patterns and palettes from upscale tailor shops of yore. An oversized plaid papers the wall, gray felt chevrons cover the floor, pinstripes fall down the linens, old suitcases and books speckle the shelves and cordovan leather upholsters the chairs. Rooms also have free Wi-Fi, single-serving coffee brewers and rainfall showers.
The Beacon Public House restaurant looks like a cool club, with tufted blue leather banquettes and coal mine lamps. It serves up gastropub comfort food like bangers & mash, ham hock nachos and moules frites. A book butler finds things to read, and the bar hosts retro bingo nights and Words with Friends hours.
U of M surrounds the hotel with campus energy. The nearby Guthrie Theater runs shows from Shakespeare to contemporary, and the Weisman Art Museum, wrought out of twisted metal by Frank Gehry, shows canvasses from Lichtenstein and O’Keeffe.
- “Tucked into the University of Minnesota campus, the new 304-room hotel sports industrial-schoolhouse chic. Its location in University District means the hotel is in perfect pitch with innovative learning opportunities while on vacation” -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Children and additional guests: Children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Child's cot/crib available free of charge for children under 3 (on request). Child's extra bed available (on request): $15 per night for children up to 17 and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.