Forest Suites Resort
Why We Love It
- Travelzoo members rave about this property, calling it "immaculate" and "spacious" with a "great location"
- Located within Heavenly Village, a short walk to the gondola, casinos and nightlife
- Great for groups -- suites sleep at least four people
"The location of this resort is excellent" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Cozy, laid-back and nestled up against the forest, Forest Suites Resort offers outdoor lovers a year-round escape. “Location is a huge draw,” says Oyster -- pristine natural beauty surrounds guests in every season.
In the winter months, the snow-capped peaks of Heavenly Mountain sit in the hotel’s backyard, and shopping, dining and a movie theater are a few hundred feet away at Heavenly Village. In any season, a ride up the Heavenly Gondola soars right overhead and lends sweeping views of the Squaw Valley. After a day on the slopes, big-name casinos are half a block down the street. When the snow melts and the weather warms, sandy Lakeside Beach is a 15-minute walk away.
Dark wood furnishings and simple, homey décor give the hotel a relaxed mountain-lodge vibe. Standard rooms are basic, but the apartment-style suites are spacious with full kitchens, fireplaces and patios and sleep four to six guests. There is no restaurant on site, but fun seasonal activities include a hot chocolate bar and fire pits for marshmallow roasting in winter and spring. A daily wine and cheese reception is offered throughout the year.
In eco-conscious Tahoe fashion, guests can swap out daily housekeeping for a bottle of wine, and bath products are organic with biodegradable packaging. Wi-Fi, ample covered parking and a breakfast buffet are included with the daily resort fee.
- "The location of this resort is excellent -- 5½ acres bordering a forest, right behind the Heavenly Village, a half block from the casinos, and adjacent to a supermarket, cinema, and shops" -- Fodor's
- "Location is a huge draw at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, which is situated about 100 meters from the lifts at Heavenly Village. The hotel, while close to the action of South Lake Tahoe village, is also relatively peaceful and shielded from noise" -- Oyster
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge for children. Extra bed available on request and in the 1 or 2 Bedroom Suites only: $15 per night for children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort fee of $20 per night (subject to tax) applies; it includes breakfast and parking.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Pools are seasonal (closed during winter).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(111 Member Ratings)